The Independent Cosmetics Manufacturers and Distributors (ICMAD) have awarded the 2014 Cosmetic Innovator of the Year Awards, which honor the current best new breakout products, packaging and advertising campaigns in the industry.
Winners were selected by judges and experts from the beauty, design and marketing industries, including Ron Robinson, former cosmetics chemist and founder of BeautyStat.com; Maria Corbiscello, president of creative beauty concept firm Studio MC²; Jerome Bérard of Bérard Associates strategic thinking consultants; Kaye Karch, vice president, BeautyMark Development; and Lara Eurdolian, founder, PrettyConnected.com.
Dr. Robb Akridge, senior VP and global general manager of Clarisonic, delivered the keynote address at the awards event, which held June 11 in New York City.
The 2014 ICMAD Cosmetic Innovator of the Year (CITY) Award Winners are:
- Color Cosmetic—Grande Naturals Grande Liner
- Skin care Face—Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic + Retinol Fibroblast Anti-Aging Moisturizer
- Bath & Body—Kallista Daily Moisturizing Cream for Creative Hands
- Fragrance—Lux Beauty Group Royal Apothic Jasmine Vine
- Hair care—Ecru Lifestyle Beauty Little Green Lice Guard Collection
- Nail Color & Treatment—ProStrong ProBite Natural Nail Whitener
- Accessories & Tools—IT Cosmetics Tightliner 10-in-1 Custom Cut Brush
- Color Cosmetic & Nail—Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder
- Skincare Face—Foreo Luna
- Bath, Body and Haircare—Lux Beauty Group Royal Apothic Holland Park Cream Crème
- Fragrance—Thymes Jade Matcha Cologne
- Accessories & Tools—Patchology Energizing Eye Patches
- Print—Orly International “It All Started with Pink” Ad campaign
- Social Media—NYX Cosmetics 2013 FACE Award
- Grass Roots Marketing—The Elixery Roller Girls Team Lipsticks
- Product—Clarisonic: Deep Pore Detoxifying System
- Package Design—Iredale Mineral Cosmetics