Beauty & Personal Care Croda is a global speciality ingredient supplier to the Beauty and Personal Care industry, dedicated to working with our customers to meet evolving consumer needs, whilst maintaining our commitment to sustainability and social responsibility through initiatives that include the use of certified sustainable palm oil and other renewable raw materials, including our new 100% Bio-based ECO Range.
We have a diverse cosmetic product range that delivers innovative solutions for current and future cosmetic trends, all supported by proven efficacy testing. Over the last decade, our skin, sun and hair care technologists have opened up new vistas for manufacturers with the creation of unique and patented technologies designed to answer current and future cosmetic trends. A mix of natural raw material sourcing combined with creative chemistry enables us to offer exceptional solutions to the challenges facing our customers.
Core Technologies: • Certified sustainable palm oil derivatives
• Proteins and protein derivatives
• Emulsifiers and emollients for sensory innovation
• Delivery systems
• Hair and skin conditioning agents
• Lanolin and lanolin derivatives
• Inorganic sunscreen filters
• Mild surfactants
• Natural, renewable and sustainable ingredients
• Functional botanicals
• Cationic conditioning agents
• Cold processable ingredients
Croda Personal Care specialty expertise also includes: Sederma
Creator of some of the most advanced efficacious and recognized ingredients, such as Matrixyl® Range, Dermaxyl® , Maxi Lip™ and Haloxyl™ , Sederma has extended their line to include ingredients derived from plant cell culture, a safe, sustainable and eco-friendly source of active ingredients. By utilizing some of the most powerful in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo testing, Sederma continues to provide innovative proof of efficacy and claim support for their most recent launches. CRODAROM
Manufactures a wide, exciting and innovative range of plant extracts dedicated to personal care and industrial applications. CRODAROM offers the creative formulator a safe and effective way of enhancing the “natural appeal” of their formulae, using plants originating from all corners of the world, the most advanced and eco-friendly extraction techniques and a full marketing package.
New Product Data and Technologies: • Crystalide™ – Elevates the glass skin trend to crystal skin. Cystalide makes the skin look clear, smooth and dewy just like a piece of crystal. It exerts a bio-harmonical action by balancing the epigenetic and inflammatory phenomena and helps to restore the rhythm of the skin’s maturation process.
• PoreTect™ – An eco-designed product that brings firmness, tone and density to the skin, thus reinforcing the structures that hold the pore tight and that sag with ageing. It refines skin texture and promotes a blurred and satin appearance.
• Crodarom® Green Caviar – An extract of Caulerpa lentillifera, an alga from South East Asia also known as sea grapes, a species appreciated for its nutritional qualities. The alga is procured through a collaborative partnership with a farm in the Philippines. The direct collaboration with the producer ensures transparency and traceability and allows Crodarom to follow on its ethical, social and environmental commitments as well as to foster local development in the Bohol Island. The extract, manufactured by the Eco-Sound® technology, is 99.4% natural according to the COSMOS standard and contains oligoelements and polysaccharides that hydrate and revitalize hair and skin.
• 100% Bio-Based ECO Range of Surfactants – Now available, the ECO Range will be the widest range of 100% renewable, 100% bio-based surfactants on the market. By using an alternate route to EO with bioethanol from biomass sources, it significantly increases the bio-based content of ethoxylated products and reduces reliance on fossil fuels, yet their performance is identical to petro-based options. The ingredients are tested and certified to the USDA BioPreferred® Program and are RSPO Supply Chain Certified via Mass Balance.
• Moonshine™ Effect Pigments – Offers four unique effect pigment series which showcase quality borosilicate-based effect pigments to give cosmetic formulations the unique and innovative effects desired by the industry. These effect pigments provide exceptional intensity and vibrancy at levels not achievable with mica-based effect pigments, deliver brilliant colour transmission and intensity, offer multiple colour effect options, and includes a novel 350nm borosilicate substrate thickness represented in the Astral™ Effect Series.