DSM has developed a range of skin, hair, sun and makeup ingredients and formulations to ease the stress on consumers; many of them will be on display during In-Cosmetics Global in Amsterdam. Ingredients include:
• Bel-Even for skin relief from day-to-day stresses. The body uses cortisol, a natural hormone, to deal with stresses of all kinds. However, when this line of defense is overloaded and levels of cortisol in the skin are persistently high, skin may react with undesirable signs of premature ageing. DSM has developed a timely cosmetic solution able to sustainably rebalance the skin’s own stress management system.
• Pentavitin, is described as a natural moisture-magnet. Three hours after a single application, excessively dry skin areas are already much better hydrated. Used daily, Pentavitin improves the appearance of stressed skin, provides powerful hydration to all facial areas, giving consumers a confidence boost.
Formulations to Consider
• Inspired by Korean tone-up creams, the UV Flash Tone formula blurs the boundaries between skin care, makeup and sun care. Although it is transparent, this fluid UV Flash Tone provides a velvet sensation and a smooth, flawless “glass” skin. Enriched with UV filters and actives, its provides efficient protection against UV and blue light.
• Alp’Dry Shampoo leaves hair and scalp feeling fresh and clean with minimum fuss.
• Texturizing Beach Spray creates a relaxed, just-back-from-the-beach look. This hybrid product styles, protects and cares for hair.
• Messy Matte Gum effortlessly styles, protects and cares for hair. Use it to sculpt, texturize and scrunch for high definition with a soft, matte finish.
Millennials are very knowledgeable when it comes to sun protection, notes DSM, but unlike the hair and skin segments, there are no dedicated sun care products for this target market. Despite being highly connected, Millennials may therefore be missing out on products that deliver on their expectations. DSM offers concepts and formulations designed specifically to appeal to Millennials, including:
• No FOMO Sun Stick SPF 50. Even the most harassed consumer need have no Fear Of Missing Out key regions of the face like the eye contour, nose and mouth area with this easy-to-use sun protection stick.
• High Glide Moisturizing Sun Essence SPF 30. A lightweight, not-whitening formulation that leaves skin feeling dry and silky. With Niacinamide PC for added protection against blue light and pollution, and hyaluronic acid for enhanced hydration.
• Total Protection into the Blue and Shine Control SPF 50. A SPF 50 formulation that takes the stress out of formulating actives at low pH and delivers protection into the blue-light spectrum. Controls shine, combats the onset of fine lines and moisturizes skin.
• Ease the stress of sunscreen development with DSM’s upgraded Sunscreen Optimizer. Launched in November 2017, Sunscreen Optimizer enables sunscreen formulators to develop products more efficiently and to optimize existing formulations before going on to verify SPF performance in vivo. The upgraded version of this handy tool includes new features which will debut at In-Cosmetics Global.
If you’re headed to In-Cosmetics Global, you can’t miss DSM. Visit the Sensory and Makeup Bars to discover inspirational, on-trend formulations. Learn about DSM's latest product innovation in the Innovation Zone and take part in DSM’s Formulation Lab session for ideas on innovative hair care. And stop by the Sustainability Corner to find out how DSM is tackling the societal challenge of skin cancer.