Now in its 43rd year, the Awards honor women who have reached the highest levels of the beauty industry. They also serve as inspiration to CEW's now 10,000-plus members worldwide.
The 2018 Achiever Award honorees are:
- Danyelle Boilard Paul, EVP and general manager, Groupe Clarins USA, who has overseen its portfolio of skincare, cosmetics and fragrance brands in the U.S. and Canada since 2002;
- Lynn Emmolo, chief global pfficer, Rodan + Fields, who has spent 30 years leading beauty brands like L'Oréal, Avon and Rodan + Fields, into new markets internationally;
- Tiffany Masterson, founder and chief creative officer, Drunk Elephant, whose passion for learning about beauty products' composition inspired the development of trending indie products that improve skin health;
- Vasiliki Petrou, global EVP prestige, personal care, Unilever, who has led socially conscious campaigns across Unilever's Prestige Personal Care portfolio for more than two decades; and
- Tara Simon, SVP, merchandising, Ulta Beauty, who channeled a love for the industry into her work at Ulta Beauty and a commitment to empowering other women.
And, for the first time, CEW will recognize the contributions of a male leader's advancement of women. The inaugural MEN-tor Award will be presented to Marc Rey, president and CEO, Shiseido Americas, for his role in advocating for and increasing the presence of female leaders.
"CEW was founded with a singular vision of helping women in the beauty industry achieve, advance and inspire," said CEW president Carlotta Jacobson. "We're delighted to continue to honor our members' accomplishments and contributions through our Achiever Awards. This month we reached a significant milestone – 10,000 members internationally – whom we will continue to empower and support as they pursue leadership roles in the beauty community."
In keeping with that commitment, CEW has invited the winners of its 2018 Top Talent Awards to share the dais at the Achiever Awards luncheon. The Top Talent Awards, which were presented in April, recognize the accomplishments of women at mid-career.
The 2018 Top Talent Award recipients are: Brooke Banwart, Vice President/DMM, Fragrance, Sephora; Doreen Bucher, Vice President, Global Marketing, Fine Fragrance, Symrise; Barbara Green, Head of Research & Development, NeoStrata Company Inc. (J&J); Molly Landman, Global Brand Director, Love Beauty & Planet and ApotheCARE Essentials, Unilever; Rukeyser Thompson, Senior Manager & Section Head, P&G Hair Research & Development, P&G; Ada Lien, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing, La Mer; and Sophie Lilly, Vice President, Global Business Development, Urban Decay (L'Oréal).