The multi-faceted gemstone design contours and provides precise application with the faceted-edges to define the lips and fill in color. This unique faceted bullet maintains its shape for up to 30 applications for bold lips and bolder attitudes. Actress and singer Zendaya is featured as the face of L’Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream in her first makeup campaign as a Lancôme ambassadress. In addition, there is also a shade named for her called RubieZ.
Each of the 12 shades is inspired and named after the hottest ruby shades, some of which have an interesting backstory:
- RubieZ: Named by Zendaya herself, replacing the “S” with her lucky letter, “Z.”
- Black Prince Ruby: The black prince’s ruby is a large, irregular red ruby of 170 carats that is at the front of the imperial state crown of England. It was given in 1367 to its namesake, Edward of Woodstock: The Black Prince.
- Pigeon Blood Ruby: Pigeon’s Blood rubies are a type of ruby that are the most valuable due to its brightness and vivid color saturation.
- Crimson Flame Ruby: Named after an extraordinary gem from Burma of 15 carats that sold for $18 million by Christie’s, a record price per carat for a ruby.
- Bad Blood Ruby: Inspired by the Taylor Swift song, with the video starring Zendaya as “Cut-Throat.”
L’Absolu Rouge Ruby Cream will be available for $32 in September 2019 at Lancôme counters nationwide and Lancome-usa.com.