“With Sparks, we wanted to create more than just a product line, but a brand that speaks to the upcoming generation of hair stylists and gives them a place to thrive,” said Stefan Mund, regional head, Henkel Beauty Care Hair Professional North America. “The impressive innovation and digital capabilities behind SPARKS make it a great addition to our strong portfolio of existing brands within the Henkel Beauty Care Hair Professional business.”
Next generation color needs next generation technology. Sparks introduces 86 permanent shades across eight tonal families formulated with the Dual Action Color System: an advanced system comprised of two exclusive technologies that work simultaneously during the color process. The Dual Action Color System utilizes:
- Color Binding Technology: two powerful amino acids that drive color molecules deep into hair and strengthen weak strands to reduce breakage and fight hair color fading
- Smart Oleo System: three Micro Oleo Agents that work within the hair’s cuticle layers to repair broken sites and replenish naturally occurring lipids for a mega dose of hydration
The result? Stronger, hydrated hair with restored vitality, smoothness and vibrant tonality. Sparks hair color allows for an expanded clientele with varying hair types. The line focuses on technology and works to reconstruct the hair during the service, making Sparks a choice for all hair types and textures.
Sparks changes the game with one of the industry’s first Color Transformer Drops. Imagine having two complete permanent and demi-permanent color collections without having to make space for both! Sparks’ product instantly converts permanent color into demi-permanent hair color in just one simple step! The transformer technology works by reducing the pH of permanent mixed hair color formulas to create a tone-to-tone, deposit-only match that’s gentle on hair. Stylists save valuable salon space while simultaneously expanding their service offerings.
Sparks’ promise to evolve the digital landscape begins in the palms of stylists’ hands: introducing the interactive app. These features blend new technologies with convenience to benefit stylists behind the chair:
- “Try Me” Augmented Reality experience, elevating the client consultation process by inviting them to visualize themselves in any Sparks shade then talk through the process with their professional stylist.
- Formulator, where stylists can color with confidence utilizing an industry-first AR-powered color formulator tailored to individual client needs and target color.
- Virtual swatchbook for instant viewing and searching through the Sparks color families. It’s also paired with an interactive, curated platform where users can upload their formulas and share with others.
- Customer support, a direct line to the Sparks Customer Experience Team for real-time solutions, color questions, product information and more.
- More to come!
Sparks hair color portfolio offers premium performance at an accessible price for the future and current generations of stylists. In addition to the 86 permanent hair color shades and the Color Transformer Drops, Sparks is also introducing:
- Powder Lightener formulated with powerful amino acids Lysine and Arginine to help nourish and protect fragile hair during the lifting process
- Developers for every need, including 7, 13, 20, 30 and 40 Volumes
- Five semi-permanent creative color options
- Six true-to-tone, vibrant toners
Sparks launched October 1 at SalonCentric and State|RDA stores nationwide at $4.25 per color tube.