Some current board members will assume new roles, and newly-elected members will serve through to 2021. The 2020 Executive Board includes:
• Giorgino “Gino” Macalino, chair, manager, makeup innovation, The Estée Lauder Companies;
• Sonia Dawson, advisor/past-chair, regional marketing manager, DSM Personal Care North America;
• Susanna Fernandes, chair-elect, lead E-sales executive, Tri-K;
• Mohamed Abdulla, treasurer-elect, account manager, Seppic; and
• Leor Fay Tal, secretary, technical marketing leader, Gattefossé USA.
“I am excited to get down to business and keep building on what my predecessors have done over these past few years,” said Macalino. “Our educational programs anchored by Suppliers’ Day in NYC continue to dominate the landscape of North America. We are eager to keep the SCC brand flourishing across our region, North America and across the globe!”
With the support of the newly-elected board, 2020 programming is already in place and will embody the theme of “Revolutionary Disruptors.” Programs will focus on elements and sectors of cosmetic/personal care product development that are literally changing the traditional landscape. In addition, NYSCC Show Management has implemented strategies, programs and partnerships for Suppliers’ Day taking place May 5-6, 2020 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. NYSCC and Suppliers’ Day will continue to have a presence at SCC and industry events across the nation and around the world with the aim of continuing to strengthen the NYC event’s position as the dominant North American tradeshow.