The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Leadership Foundation named SC Johnson as the 2020 Celebration of Service to America Corporate Leadership Award recipient. The annual Corporate Leadership Award honors a leading business outside of the broadcast industry that exemplifies an extraordinary focus on community service and corporate social responsibility.
“We are thrilled to honor this exemplary company for their dedication, generosity and commitment to serving both local and international communities,” said NAB Leadership Foundation President and NAB Chief Diversity Officer Michelle Duke. “SC Johnson has set a high bar for corporate social responsibility and philanthropy and is a worthy recipient of this prestigious award.”
Most recently, to help address the challenging times created by the COVID-19 pandemic, SC Johnson committed $15 million to assist families and communities around the world. To date, these efforts include:
- 80,000 SC Johnson product care packages donated to health care workers and first responders in the United States, distributed in partnership with the CDC Foundation.
- $1 million donation to the CDC Foundation’s Emergency Response Fund.
- More than $4 million in financial support and product donations for COVID-19 response efforts across Asia, Europe and Latin America.
- $1 million to Save the Children to educate and enable children worldwide to cope with the pandemic and respond to this and future public health threats.
- More than 300,000 bottles of hand sanitizer donated to health care workers, first responders and frontline workers across the US.
- Support for the local response to COVID-19 in the company’s backyard by providing meals, snacks and books to school children and care packages to health care workers and first responders.
In 2019, SC Johnson reaffirmed its commitment to helping address the ocean plastic crisis by launching a global partnership with Plastic Bank. The partnership will create more than 500 plastic collection points across five countries to collect 30,000 metric tons of ocean bound plastic over three years. The plastic is being incorporated into SC Johnson’s iconic Windex line in the United States and Canada and its Mr Muscle line in the U.K. and Ireland. This initiative is just one of the company’s efforts in its long-held commitment to improving the environment.
SC Johnson Chairman and CEO Fisk Johnson will accept this Award and deliver a message during the televised 2020 Celebration of Service to America Awards program, available online and airing on local stations starting August 22.