Together, they’re designed to upgrade and bring a bit of fun to consumers’ bathroom routines, hands-free, while guiding good habits tailored to each person’s brushing style and monitoring progress over time, says P&G.
“Oral-B Guide works like a fitness tracker for your mouth, coaching while you brush and providing intelligent, real-time feedback on brushing frequency, duration, coverage and optimal pressure,” said Carlos De Jesus, P&G senior vice president, North America Oral Care. “It allows users to take control of their brushing time with the best new connected technologies.”
“Every time you brush, Oral-B Guide empowers you to brush smarter – and that’s important, as only 20% of people brush properly,” De Jesus added. “The system’s Oral Health Tracker and statistics enable access to insights on your own brushing trends over time, to help you better understand whether your technique is best for your mouth. This means fewer surprises at the dentist office.”
Full Amazon Alexa Integration
The Oral-B Guide includes a designed-for-the-bathroom, compact charging base with Alexa Built-in. It uses one power outlet for a clutter-free experience and enables users to enjoy 360-degree, high-quality sound while they brush their teeth (no phone required). With Alexa Built-in, users can ask to play music, hear the news, check weather, control smart home devices and order more brush heads by saying, “Alexa, order Oral-B brush head replacements.”
Other Oral-B Guide highlights include:
- The oscillating and rotating brush head removes 100% more plaque than manual brushing.
- Six cleaning modes for personalized brushing: Daily Clean, Whitening, Pro-Clean, Sensitive, Gum Care and Tongue Cleaning.
- An LED Quad Pacer to help guide brushing: the white light represents 30 seconds in each quadrant, red when the user brushes too hard, and green when they complete two minutes of brushing.
- After the user brushes, their wifi-enabled base seamlessly transmits their data to the secure cloud.
- Brushing progress is tracked so that each user can access personalized tips for improvement through the Oral-B Connect App, Apple Health or optional email summaries.
The Oral-B Guide retails for $229.95, and is available exclusively on Amazon.com.