Submissions will be evaluated by a committee of industry experts and winners will be presented with their awards at a virtual reception during HCPA’s Annual Meeting. Award winners will also have the opportunity to present their innovations to other attendees during this session.
Innovation Awards will be granted in the following five categories:
- Ingredients - Submissions in this category should highlight new or re-formulated products that use ingredients and processes that are less hazardous to human health.
- Sustainability - Submissions in this category should highlight innovation in manufacturing processes, packaging, materials, and other areas that reduce or limit the product’s impact on the environment.
- Consumer Communication - Submissions in this category should highlight innovative communication, labeling, advertising, and awareness about household and commercial products that engage and educate consumers in new and creative ways.
- Technology - Submissions in this category should highlight technological developments, such as new software platforms, manufacturing equipment, delivery or dispensing methods, materials, or similar technological deployments that create efficiencies in the manufacturing and sale of products.
- Game Changer - Submissions for this general category should highlight innovative practices, processes, or products that distinguish the nominated company from others in the household and commercial products industry.
Companies engaged in the manufacturing, processing, packaging, distributing, or marketing of household and commercial products are eligible to participate in the Innovation Awards. In addition, companies engaged in supplying ingredients, equipment, devices, containers, or other materials used in household and commercial products are also eligible. Membership in HCPA is not a requirement.