Bell International Laboratories
Bell International Laboratories, Inc, is located in Eagan, Minnesota. We specialize in Health, Beauty and Cosmetic Manufacturing. Our expertise is in Sun Care, Skin Care, Hair Care, OTC and Nutritional products.
Senior Research and Development Chemist
A Senior Research and Development Chemist combines technical knowledge and innovation when formulating a variety of personal care products, cosmetics and OTC (lip balms and sun screens) from concept to finished product based on customers’ requests. Ability to look at different brands gaps and develop products based on those gaps or customer specification.
The requirements and responsibilities for a Senior Research and Development Chemist are:
- Experienced personal care researcher responsible for initiating project concepts, developing objectives, plans, assigning priorities and completing multiple projects under limited supervision. Independently investigates/resolves research problems/scale up issues.
- Ability to communicate with customers on technical aspects as well as regulatory and performance.
- Utilize and follow relevant legal requirements, regulations and product development standards
- Determine and perform appropriate cost reductions (raw materials)
- Scale-up of approved formulations, to include identification of critical process variables.
- Ability to trouble shoot production issues and address batch variations.
- Set product specifications and write compounding procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate pilot batches
- Provide paperwork for new formula and new raw materials to operations
- Provide specifications and other information to QC to receive and test new ingredients and finished goods
- Research product formulations and properties and interactions of raw materials.
- Vendor research for raw materials
- Interpret results of laboratory findings and assess risks involved in new products, and communicate findings to sales and upper management
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, etc.
- Training and supervising technicians and temporary employees
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and cGMPs
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related sciences with 4 to 6 years of formulating personal care products.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills. Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills.