JVL Laboratories, Inc.
Since 1997, JVL Laboratories, Inc. has been a leading contract manufacturer in the personal care industry providing research & development to our customers. A family owned and operated company we take the time to get to know our customers and their specific needs. JVL Laboratories is located in Phenix City, Alabama.
Analytical Chemist/Research & Development
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative cosmetics products, product
- Provide updates on R&D progress and insights. Be involved in project team decisions.
- Create and maintain all of the necessary documentation in order to develop and commercialize the products (i.e. lab notebooks, specifications, technical test methods/data, etc.).
- Conduct testing for all products developed (efficacy, stability, etc.)
- Must be able to follow Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Must be hands-on in the laboratory and have experience with the operation of basic lab equipment
- Develop and maintain SOPs
- Work with production to help transition the formulations to full scale manufacturing, including support during plant trials or start of production.
- Support current brand business, including maintaining current products in market.
- Proactively research new concepts, materials and technical opportunities
- Ability to develop products from inception to market realization, not just modifications to an existing formula.
- Strong knowledge base within chemistry and principles of formulating emulsion and suspension products.
- Working knowledge in physical testing and analytical methods
- Highly collaborative, driven and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Problem solver with the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to convey a project’s thoughts, goals and objectives through presentation.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative. Must be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Requires a detail oriented individuals who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Requires computer proficiency (Word and Excel) and working knowledge of FDA regulations and cGMPs
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, (cosmetic chemistry, chemistry, biological sciences or chemical engineering preferred)
- Chemist: 1-5 years
- Cosmetic formulation: 2+ years