Now in its third year, the event attracts hundreds of formulators and suppliers from the US and around the world. This year, attendees will hear presentations from some of the brightest minds in the business. Plus, they’ll have the opportunity to visit with dozens of leading suppliers showcasing their latest technologies and solutions in a relaxed setting designed to foster interaction.
“This conference is specifically designed to introduce to the domestic and multinational marketing companies, new anti-aging actives, innovative technologies and new insights into conducting correct clinical studies,” explained conference chairman Navin Geria of Doctors Skin Prescription. “The end result is the creation of products with compelling anti-aging claims for their brands.”
At the same time, however, Geria noted that with speakers scheduled to appear from the US Food and Drug Administration, Federal Trade Commission and the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau, attendees will get an understanding about what constitutes acceptable claims and what does not.
The event opens with breakfast at 8am on Sept. 16, with formal presentations starting at 9am. We’ve expanded our program this year with lunch on Day 2, Sept. 17, which will include a special presentation by Helen Knaggs of Nu Skin, who will detail the benefits and challenges of doing business in global markets. Here’s a look at the full conference schedule:
Day 1: Sept. 16, 2014
- 8:00-9:00am: Breakfast/Registration
- 9:00-9:15am: Opening remarks: Tom Branna, Happi/Rodman Media, and Navin Geria, senior technical advisor and principal for Doctors Skin Prescription
- 9:15-10:15am: Keynote—Dr. Zoe Draelos, MD. “Anti-Aging Platforms and Clinical Studies”
- 10:15-11:15am: Coffee Break/Exhibition
- 11:15-Noon: Dr. Helen Knaggs, VP-R&D, Nu Skin, “Identification of Novel Mechanisms Behind Skin Aging”
- Noon-12:45pm: Dr. Dan Yarosh, SVP-basic science research, Estée Lauder, “The Neuroscience Behind Anti-Aging Cosmetics”
- 12:45-2pm: Lunch/Exhibition
- 2:00-2:45pm: Karen Young, The Young Group, “Staying Younger Longer…Is It Science, Nature or Smoke and Mirrors?”
- 2:45-3:15pm: Coffee Break/Exhibition
- 3:15-4:30pm: Dermatological Roundtable
– Dr. Steven Wang, MD, “The Role of Antioxidants in Photoprotection”
– Dr. Maritza Perez, MD, “Science-based Cosmeceuticals for Anti-Aging Cosmetics: Genomics, Growth Factors and Vitamins”
- 4:30-4:45pm: Closing Remarks
- 4:45-6pm: Exhibition. Prize drawings (must be present to win) and reception
- 8:00-9:00am: Breakfast/Registration
- 9:00-10:00am: Keynote—JuE Wong, CEO, StriVectin, Commercialization in the Anti-Aging Space”
- 10:00-10:45am: Dr. Jeannette Graf, MD, “Color Cosmetics: Their Anti-Aging Efficacy, Issues, Opportunities and Innovation”
- 10:45-11:15am: Coffee Break
- 11:15am-1:00pm: Regulatory Roundtable
– Serena Viswanathan, assistant director, Division of Advertising Practices, Federal Trade Commission
– Annie Ugurlayan, senior attorney, National Advertising Division, Better Business Bureau.
– Patricia A. Hansen, Ph.D., deputy director, Office of Cosmetics and Colors, US Food and Drug Administration
- 1:00-2:00pm: Special Lunch Presentation—Dr. Helen Knaggs, VP-R&D, Nu Skin, “Exploring the Challenges and Opportunities in Doing Business in Global Markets.”
- 2:00pm: Conference Adjourns
Happi’s Anti-Aging Conference & Tabletop Exhibition is supported by leading industry suppliers, including: DSM (Diamond Sponsor), AMA Laboratories and Centerchem (Gold Sponsors), AkzoNobel and Jeen International (Silver Sponsors) and Nova Technology Corporation (Bronze Sponsor).
There’s still time to register for the event, just visit conference.happi.com or call Tom Branna, 201.880.2223, email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.