In 2018, Aura Cacia will provide $250,000 to six organizations that are helping women move their lives forward in positive ways.
Funds have supported women with more than 18,000 nights of safe housing, delivered more than 400 employment counseling sessions and facilitated regular trauma-informed counseling sessions for over 60 women.
The program’s 2018 recipients are:
- Catherine McAuley Center in Cedar Rapids, IA, which helps homeless
- women regain stability and build resiliency through transitional housing, education and supportive services.
- Defy Ventures in York, NE provides entrepreneurship, character development and employment training for currently and formerly incarcerated women through its unique, “CEO of Your New Life Program,” which educates and encourages participants to take control of their lives.
- Girls Educational & Mentoring Services in New York City helps girls and young women, ages 12–24, who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking pursue a more empowered future.
- Lotus House Women’s Shelter in Miami, which seeks to improve the lives of homeless women, youth and children by providing a working classroom kitchen and culinary education program to train women how to budget for-and prepare nutritious food. The program also provides job readiness training that positions participants for jobs in the food service and retail industries.
- Thistle Farms in Nashville, TN is helping hundreds of women annually who have survived prostitution, trafficking and addiction by providing residency, outreach, advocacy services, education and training.
- Women’s Bean Project in Denver hiring women from histories of chronic unemployment and poverty to provide on-job and life skills training in its own food manufacturing facility.
- Graduates have earned a stable income and gained the skills necessary for employment and a stable life.
Since 2016, the Aura Cacia Positive Change Project has provided more than $500,00 in grants to organizations across the US.
Positive Change Project grants program will be accepting applications for the 2019 calendar year beginning in July 2018, according to Aura Cacia.
More info: www.auracacia.com/positive-change-project/