“After 75 years, the Society boasts one of the biggest footprints in the cosmetics and personal care industry,” said Erica O’Grady, CAE, executive director/CEO. “With our international, national and local events, we are proud to represent the industry and the greater scientific community as a well-respected organization that has never strayed from its mission: to advance cosmetic science.”
The past 75 years have featured:
- 73 annual scientific meetings (see p. 63 in this issue);
- Two US-hosted international congresses with the International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists (IFSCC);
- A pair of co-hosted intercontinental conferences with the Italian SCC;
- Multiple industry partnership collaborations; and
- Hundreds of education events presented domestically.
“When you reflect back on our history it is evident that education, innovation and collaboration are very important to the SCC,” said Mindy Goldstein, who is the 74th SCC president and owner of Mindy S. Goldstein, PhD Consulting. “I am sure that our founder, Maison G. deNavarre, would be very proud of all his successors’ accomplishments in pursuit of realizing his vision for the Society.” she added.
To commemorate the occasion, a new 75th Anniversary logo was unveiled at the SCC’s 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting & Technology Showcase.
There are currently 19 local SCC chapters: California, Carolina, Connecticut, Florida, Intermountain West, Lake Erie, Long Island, Michigan (the newest), Mid-Atlantic, Midwest (the first, formed in 1948), New England, New York (the largest), Ohio Valley, Ontario, Quebec, Southeast, Southwest, St. Louis and Twin Cities.
In 2019, SCC’s membership topped 5,700.