By Katie Saxton
Custom Nail Solutions
Spring 2013 is here, and it’s an exciting time that's full of fresh fashions, healthy resolutions, and…fabulous new ways to style your nails! Many nail trends of 2012 will fade and soon disappear from the hands of lovely ladies everywhere, such as our once beloved crackle polishes. This may make you and other fashionistas wonder…what will be the hottest nail trends of Spring 2013?
The below styles will keep nails in tip-top shape and ensure that they are ready to steal the spotlight this season:
1. Two Tone French Manicure: This nail style exudes sophistication and classiness. To do this design, paint your nails any color and let dry, then add a French tip with a contrasting polish.
2. Sideways French Mani: Painting your nails with a coat of polish and adding a different-colored vertical stripe on either the right or left side of each nail is a major trend. This fashionable and unique nail style will make you the talk of the town in all occasions!
3. One-Of-A-Kind French Tips: Changing out the traditional white tips for animal print accents, colored tips, funky wrapped tips, polka-dot tips, bejeweled tips, etc. will be huge this year. This is a fantastic way to express yourself and show off your unique personality!
4. Colored Metallic Nails: Jazzing up your nails with metallic polishes in colors like blue, red, and purple will be huge. This nail style is sassy and beautiful!
5. Vibrant Orange: Painting your nails in shades of orange like tangerine and orange-red will be a major trend this year. Wear polish in vibrant orange hues to ensure that your nails turn heads wherever you go!
6. Holographic Nails: Shimmery polishes with a 3D effect will be the go-to nail design in 2013. This gorgeous look is perfect for a night out at your fave downtown hotspot!
7. Real Gold Top Coats: Adding a real gold-infused topcoat to a colorful manicure will ensure that your nails are ready for the paparazzi wherever you go! Although more expensive than a typical clear topcoat, the gold flake topcoat is so glitzy and glamorous that it is well worth it!
8. Half Moon Manicure: This classy manicure is perfect for a high fashion event or a fancy cocktail party! To do this style, paint your nails a certain color, let dry, and then cover the bottom halves of each nail with a hole reinforcer or a half-circle of tape, making certain that a semi-circle of paper/tape protrudes from the bottom of each nail. Add a coat of a different-colored polish over the paper/tape covering and the rest of the nail, and then take off the paper/tape covering and let dry. Voilà! You have a beautiful half moon mani to show off to the world!
9. Edgy Accents: Manicures featuring “bloody” tips, jagged tips, suspicious shadowy tips, and mysterious dark and dripping tips will be huge in 2013. Adding a chancy and dark theme to your nails shows your daring and adventurous side!
10. Pale Nails: Adding a coat of pale pink or neutral polish will be a popular look this year. It is a subtle and simple way to keep your nails primped and pretty!
About the Author
Katie Saxton is a renowned blogger and regular contributor to TV, radio, printand online outlets, covering all areas of nail care and trends. She is also the president of Custom Nail Solutions, a revolutionary artificial nail product offering custom nails that uniquely fit only your nail beds, are reusable and chemical-free.